Sunday 14 March 2021

Cheerful Mother's Day

This is the card that I made for my lovely Mum for Mother's Day here in the UK today. I'm so looking forward to seeing her again when lockdown is over.
   

 I got my inspiration for this card from Cindy Beach at Stamps, Paper and Ink but I did mine with stamping rather than stencilling. I just love the cheerful colours.

Both stamps are wood mounted ones that I've had for several years, the flower is by Kathy Davis, Inkadinkadoo and the round leaves are by Rubber stampede. 

I used picked raspberry/worn lipstick distress inks to ink the flower and coloured in the centre with leaf green aqua marker then stamped all over some Sheena stamping card, using 1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation stamps (I spritzed the stamp with water in between stamping to refresh the ink).

For the leaves I used the same method but with twisted citron/squeezed lemonade, sometimes inking just one of the two leaves. 

I splattered ink all over the panel before mounting onto an A5 card and adding the sentiment (a combination of Debi Potter Brush Script alphabet dies and a computer generated sentiment)
 
I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Allsorts #615 A stamped image
Crafty Calendar Feminine
CCC Digi Creations #123 use lace/ribbon and/or flowers
Try it on Tuesday  say it with flowers
My Time to Craft #452 make it feminine

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

13 comments:

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Stay safe and Good luck!
Anneke DT

Linby said...

It certainly is colourful and so cheery too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

debs29blue said...

I love this card, it is beautiful! I am sure your mum will be over the moon with it! Hugs x

cotnob said...

A beautiful Mother's Day card Katrina, fabulous stamping - so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Irene said...

Lovely colours and flowers, will brighten Mum's Day for sure and hope we will be able to see and hug our loved ones (mine live in Gateshead/Newcastle and it's been over a year 😥).
XxIrene

Annie H said...

Beautiful, love the bright colours. I’m sure it will make your mum happy.
Xx Annie

brenda said...

What a really pretty floral creation, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Stamped Image' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Helen said...

What a cheery card! LOVE those colors! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! Helen

Fikreta said...

Very beautiful card!

Lorraine said...

This is so pretty Katrina, The flowers and colours are just gorgeous.
Lorraine x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Katrina
This is gorgeous ...love the colours...and the soft colours.... really pretty xx
Hugs Sylvie xx

Anke said...

Wonderful colours and flowers, your card is so beautiful ...

Beverley said...

Beautiful card, I love the stamped background, the colours are so gorgeous. Thanks for joining in our March 'Feminine' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x