Sunday 28 March 2021

Archie's 1st Birthday

This is the second card I made for my god-daughter's little boy Archie (after I made his giraffe card into a framed picture).
 

I used an old 'Baby with Teddy' stamp from Lili of the Valley, stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with distress inks.  You can still get him as a digi here - and I've just seen that there's 50% off most of the items in store for the next couple of days so it's the perfect time to get him if you want. 


Looking at pictures of Archie I was struck by what a fabulous head of hair he has already, so I decided to paint in some hair on this lil chap so that he looked more like Archie. 


It's far from perfect but I was so relieved that I didn't completely muck it up :D

Other ingredients:-
8x8" card blank
various papers from my stash
scalloped frame die from The Works
numbers die set by Debi Potter for Sizzix
coloured raffia from The Works
buttons from stash
black fineliner pen

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Send a Smile for Kids cards for boys

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

12 comments:

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous katrina and I love how you have personalised the image xx

cotnob said...

An adorable card Katrina, such a sweet image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jannet said...

A perfect card for a little boy, I love all of the layers and the very cute stamp x

Lorraine said...

This is adorable. A lovely image and fab card design.
Lorraine x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Katrina
Gorgeous baby card ... love making baby cards ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Sue said...

Oh so cute Katrina and my fave images lol hugs Sue x

Claire said...

That's amazing how different the image looks and it was very clever to make him look more toddler than baby, its lovely x

Brenda said...

Awwww, I LOVE this card!

Celeste Goff said...

This card is just precious and I love your coloring on it! Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

Jennifer Reece said...

This is a really sweet card and you did an awesome job with the hair! I just love all the soft colors and your beautiful coloring. Thanks for entering it in the SAS4Kids challenge, too!

Fikreta said...

so nice card!

Rachelle Oltean said...

What a lovely image and you have colored it perfectly! The layers are wonderful and I like the simple embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge! Take care!
Rachelle : )