Tuesday 9 March 2021

Mother's Day Daisies

My penultimate Mother's Day card for you today. I can't share my last one until Sunday because my Mum follows my blog (hello Mum!) :D



I've used one of the Daisy Elegance stamps by Tracey Evans for Aall & Create, stamped up with different shades of green distress inks. The background was done with distress oxides smooshed onto watercolour card. 

The daisies were stamped again onto watercolour paper with black Versafine ink and then watercoloured with distress ink before fussy cutting.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
We love Chocolate Baroque I love ... (making inky backgrounds)
Simon Says Stamp (Mon) Add some green
Fusion Green


Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x


15 comments:

Viv said...

Simply beautiful Kat! x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kat, love the pretty flowers and the fabulous inky background.
Lorraine x

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card Katrina ....love traceys stamp
Hugs Sylvie xx

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful! I love all of the wonderful inkiness! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

brenda said...

What a delightful floral creation, thanks for sharing a crafty 'love' with us at this months theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Katrina, a super background and lovely stamps.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

Katrina, this should be framed! Beautiful!!!

Diane said...

What beautiful colors and design Katrina.

Hugs diane

Liz said...

Fabulous card Katrina, I love the design. xx

Fikreta said...

very nice card!

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning, Katrina. I love it ...

Claire Grantham said...

This is beautiful, I love the softness and the torn edges. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT

Laurie Unger said...

I adore this! such lovely colors in the background. thanks for sharing this over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

Tasa said...

I love the background 'smooshing'. I have a selection of distress oxides but so far have only sponged. How do you 'smoosh'. I'd love to create an effect like this. Thanks for the inspiration

Katrina Bufton said...

Hi Tasa 🙂 To ‘smoosh’ you just dab the inks onto a craft mat or other smooth surface, spritz with a few squirts of water and then place your card face down into the ink. Lift off and dry the card, then you can dab the card back down into the ink that’s left on the mat (I usually do this a couple of times). Have fun 😀