Saturday 30 January 2021

Uplifting

An 'uplifting' card today, using my favourite colour combo (yellow, pink and orange) to bring you a bit of sunshine on this horrible rainy day.
 

Despite all the showers today there was enough light for photos so I did a little step by step.
 
First I heat embossed the Visible Image butterfly onto Sheena's stamping card with Versamark and Stampendous clear embossing powder

  
I sprinkled some Brusho powders on the top (Yellow, Ost Red and Orange)


then spritzed with water so it would run down the page.



Hmmm, obviously not enough powder seeing as I'm going for a bright look. So I dried it off and added a bit more powder.....


I gave up on that and mixed the Brushos with water onto my craft mat 


then painted more colour straight on and spritzed with water again - much happier with this method. I also tapped my paintbrush over the paper to give some splats.



 It's looking much better colourwise but the butterfly is looking very wishy washy.


Fortunately the stamp is really easy to line up so I managed to stamp and emboss straight over the top (this time I used Versamark with white powder). I also painted a little more colour around the edges of the butterfly so it pops more. 



After cutting down my card to 5"x5" I stamped the sentiment over the offcuts a few times and cut out each line - the sentiment is from the 'Stay Wild' set, also by Visible Image (the horsey ones :D ) 
 

I mounted it on a white card blank (cut from an A4 piece of card, just over 5" square). It needs flattening under a book for a day or so but I wanted to blog it today so apologies for the buckling.

By the way, I was chuffed to discover I could rotate my watermark when I added it using BeFunky. It was bugging me now that I've started photographing my cards on the squint. Small things.... :D



I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Visible Image - bright colours and an uplifting/inspiring sentiment (on Instagram)
Papercraft Challenges  #66 embossing
Pammies Inky Pinkies 2104 AG
Sisterhood of Crafters  create your own background

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x


9 comments:

brenda said...

Great resist stamping and bright and sunny colours, many thanks for joining in with our 'Feminine' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

B x

Doris P. said...

What a great sentiment and wonderful background! Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Katrina, a fabulous background and great sentiment. Thank you for sharing the step by step.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card!

Diane said...

Beautiful splashes of color and fun design.

I joined your blog.

Hugs diane

Darlene said...

Oh Katrina this is just BEAUTIFUL ... I LOVE IT!!! Awesome design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Mummylade said...

Wonderful colours! Thank you for joining our challenge at We love Chocolate Baroque

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card.

Greetings from Germany
Anke

Birgit said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the colors and the artsy background you've created. Thanks so much for joining TSOC challenge. Best of luck to you!