Saturday 16 January 2021

Sleeping Dragon

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are well.
 

I am delighted to say that I am a Guest Designer over at Rabisco Challenge for the next fortnight, thank you so much ladies for having me.


I was also delighted to find that the sponsor would be Lee Holland - their designs are so adorable. They very kindly gave me 'Sleeping Blossom Dragon' to play with (I couldn't find it on it's own but it's one of the stamps in the Dragon Bundle).

The theme at Rabisco Challenge is usually Anything Goes, but you must use a haberdashery item on your make. With this in mind, my first step was to go to my stash of ribbons.  

I've been holding onto the last metre of this gorgeous green/purple organza Offray ribbon for a 'special occasion' (as you do) so thought this was the perfect time to use it.

 
Before printing the image onto watercolour card I increased the brightness (using Irfanview) in order to make the ink lighter (so it came out grey instead of black). I coloured it in with watercolour paints to match the colours of the ribbon.

To get the perfect bow I used my bowmaker but also wrapped it around the bottom of the card (by which I mean of course that I left a spare couple of centimetres each end of the ribbon to wrap around the back so that I didn't waste any :D )

I cinched it in with a knot of gold thread before glueing the bow on.


To finish off I added a LOTV sentiment and some gems


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-

Dragonfly Dreams Pearls and/or Gems

Cute card thursday #669 What's New (new digi stamp)

Shopping Our Stash #436 what's new with you (new digi stamp)

Crafty Catz #534 Anything Goes opt twist tie it

Creative Craft Cottages Challenges #136 use a digi stamp


Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

7 comments:

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Katrina, such a sweet image and lovely bow.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Annie H said...

So sweet, love the coloring and colours.
Gr, Annie

Fikreta said...

so lovely!

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful card and a fabulous mix of old and new goodies! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this fortnight!

Aunty Sue said...

This is so sweet and love the delicate colouring thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty catz this week good luck

Ilonka said...

Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

crafty said...

This is so sweet. I love it. Thank you for joining our pearls and gems challenge at Dragonfly Dreams.
Mary