Thursday 14 January 2021

Aged to Perfection

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are well.
 

I found a printed paper in my stash this week which reminded me of the rings you get from a coffee cup/wine glass. Luckily I'd written on the back since I didn't have the foggiest idea where it was from (a free CraftArtist kit called 'Mexican wave').

After having decided to make a card with a wine theme I then spent the next 45 minutes looking for my Fiskars 'Aged to Perfection' stamps which weren't where they ought to be :D

When I eventually found them I stamped onto some die cut tags (Sizzix) with grey ink and watercoloured the images with Distress markers. I traced over the sentiment with the fine end of 'Black Soot' to make it stand out more.



Some colour co-ordinated scraps of ribbon/fibre finish it off.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-

Get Creative Challenges #97 Anything Goes

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #487 Anything Goes using paper

 Creative Moments #206 Anything Goes


Let's Craft & Create Challenge #167 Anything goes option Cheers to you 

Cardz 4 Galz #138 cocktails, wine or coffee


Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x


11 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Katrina, great stamps and perfect paper.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Fikreta said...

so wonderful!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Katrina
Fabulous card ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh these images are absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful theme for a card and such pretty backing paper! Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

Tristan said...

Here's cheers to your fabulous card Katrina. Love the use of the tages on the front. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative this month. Tristan DT.

Ashwini Rao said...

Wow! I actually thought the tags we cut out of designer papers! Very skillful watercoloring, Katrina! Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

dorsetdawndesigns said...

I hate it when your storage system lets you down. This is a lovely card, the images are perfect and I love the background. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT x

Billie A said...

Beautiful. I love the little tags and beautiful coloring and images. Great design. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz.

Maria Valente said...

This is so lovely! Thanks for sharing your talents in our Penny's challenges.

Maria Valente said...

What a lovely creation! Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments challenges. Hope to see you again! Hugs

foleysfriend said...

Thanks for explaining your thought process in creating this card. I love how you saw "coffee/wine" stains in your patterned paper! Brilliant! Your watercolouring skill is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.