Tuesday 9 April 2019

Rainbow Socks

Hello lovely peeps


On today's card I've used one of the sentiments from Nick Roberts' first Craftascope collection - the Profile stamp set.  I just love the grungy look, I thought 'graffiti' as soon as I saw it.

The base card was salvaged from my scraps box - it was A5 with rusty colour ink around the edges of the card front (with a Heritage 'Copper' ink pad that I apparently no longer own :o)

After cutting it down to 6x6" I sponged some Buff Titanium acrylic paint through a wall stencil from Clarity and let it dry. For the 'mortar' I applied Iced Spruce distress ink with a blending tool.
Since I couldn't find the original inkpad to colour the (now white) right hand side of the card, I had to colour match as best I could with Distress Inks (I think it was a combination of rusty hinge and vintage photo)

After stamping the sentiment over the brickwork using Black Stazon ink I had a hunt through my prodigious collection of stamps for a suitable character. I found this little chap in a set from IndigoBlu called Mini Mike. He looks quite the hooligan with his boots, ripped jeans and shaved head, lol.

I stamped him onto Simply The Best 200gsm white card and cut him out with a small border, then coloured in with Promarkers (I can't find my list but it included Twilight Sky, Denim Blue, Burnt Umber, Khaki, Chestnut, Coral, Sunkissed Pink and Blush). I gave him rainbow coloured socks since it seemed to match the sentiment, you need the fine nibs to get in those tiny areas.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
I Love Promarkers #381 AG option of something square
Mod Squad Challenge - stencil your background
Retro Rubber Challenge  #108 rainbow (mini Mike is about 2 years old)
Stampotique Designers' Challenge #320 AG
Love to Scrap  #120 male call

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

15 comments:

Fikreta said...

great card!

Judy Woodland said...

Fabulous card. LOVE the stenciling, well done!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Jan Clothier said...

What a clever card! Love the distressed wall with it's graffiti sentiment. The rainbow socks - magnificent. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber with this fabulous card.

Heather said...

This is an awesome masculine card!! Love the stenciled background and that fabulous sentiment!! I think you matched the inked edges perfectly, would never have known they weren't all the same. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

Sheryl said...

Great masculine card.Perfect combination of image and background.
Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers.
Hugs Sheryl xx

G Peplow said...

Hi There, He is just so cute, perfect for our Cute Challenge this week! Thank you for joining us at Stampotique

Tera Callihan said...

Great card! I love those rainbow socks♡ thanks for joining us in the Stampotique Originals designers challenge

Sternenglanz said...

fantastic Card!
Thanks for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge.

Sternenglanz / Manuela x

Yvonne said...

Lovely card and so true!
Thanks for joining the Stampotique Challenge.
xoxo Yvonne

Jools Robertson said...

Fabulous
thank you for joining the Stampotique challenge
Jools x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello: What an awesome way to interpret our Rainbow challenge at RETRO RUBBER, this guy is styling with those fab rainbow socks.
The sentiment on the wall is fabulous.
Thank you for playing along with us, hope you play again next time.
Hugs.

Nadine said...

Wow, love it :)
Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge.
Hugs Nadine

*Arwen* said...

Super cute card!
Thx for joining the Stampotique Challenge :)

xx Arwen

LeAnne said...

What a fun little card and a great way to incorporate the rainbow! Great sentiment too! Thanks for playing with our Retro Rubber challenge this week!

Milo Lilja said...

Fun card! :) thanks for joining us at Stampotique