Sunday 7 April 2019

Dancing Dolphin

Hello lovely peeps


 Today's card uses the Dancing Dolphin die from Craftascope.  I was quite nervous about using this one since my eBosser is getting on a bit and has patches where it won't cut through properly. For this reason I have given up buying large/intricate dies. Well I needn't have worried - it cut like an absolute dream, the waste pieces dropped right out.

So for this card I cut straight into the front of a 6x6" card blank - I held the die in place with low tack tape whilst cutting to make sure it didn't shift.

For the inside I used a piece of watercolour card and masked off the sun and beach areas with the waste pieces.


Then I brayered some Stonewashed Adirondack ink over my 6" Gelli plate and spritzed with water before 'stamping' it onto the watercolour card. Using the die as a guide I then coloured in the sun, sand, dolphin, leaves and tree trunk with Distress Inks and a paintbrush.


To strengthen the front of the card I glued a piece of acetate to the reverse side and finished off by adding the Happy Birthday lettering from the Positive Journey Stamp set.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
 (to come)

You can see more ideas using this die from my teamies BryanCherylJaneNatalie and Nicola
There are still a couple of these dies left in the Craftascope Etsy shop or you can get them as part of the Blooming Marvellous collection on Hochanda.


Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

3 comments:

hollyberry said...

Beautiful card,I love this die. Nicola x

Carol Jacobs said...

Fabulous card my favorite die so simple to use & intricate!

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!