Friday 12 February 2021

Love Bird

I'm thrilled to say that I am a guest designer over at Cut It Up for their 'All You Need Is Love' challenge starting today - thank you ladies for having me.
 

(this is my 2nd option for this year's Valentine card for hubby)

First I covered a 6x6" card with a patterned paper, then added a branch cut from brown dotty paper using 'Autumn Branches' by Sheena Douglass.

Next I cut the letters out from scraps of 'Rose Garden' papers (First Edition) using the Brush Script alphabet by Debi Potter/Sizzix and a heart die for the 'o'

The bird die is part of a set of 3 by Marianne designs - with a bit of careful positioning I managed to get the belly of the bird over the pink heart on my snippet of paper. 

My tiny black adhesive pearls were still too big for the bird's eye so I added a drop of black enamel accents from Ranger, and the beak & legs are coloured with a brown Copic marker.


I used the old 'glue on the back of the hand' trick to add glue to the twine before putting it on the card.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Scrapping 4 Fun #185 wedding/valentine/friendship
TIME OUT Challenges #181 Photo 


Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

16 comments:

cotnob said...

A lovely Valentine card Katrina, a sweet love bird - the pink and brown look great together.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a beautiful card! Great design, colors, and die cuts! So happy you joined us for this challenge at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Treva said...

Love your card design and the elements that you used!

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is lovely. Thanks for being our guest designer at Cut It Up for our Love is in the Air challenge.

Leslie

Diane said...

A lovely Valentine card Katrina as a guest designer.

Hugs Diane

Fikreta said...

So very nice!

Gibmiss said...

Gorgeous card Katrina b....love the background
Hugs Sylvie xx

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful background, perfect with those die cuts xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Katrina, I love the cute bird and that pretty shade of pink
Congratulations on your GDT spot too.
Lorraine x

sandie said...

This is so adorable. Love the sweet little branch and little birdie. Great use of patterns and soft colours. Thanks for joining Time Oiut x

Shona Chambers said...

I never think to use patterned paper for my die-cuts until I see gorgeous projects like this!! Your card is gorgeous and love all the different patterns you used, they add so much interest and go together perfectly. And that ombre background is such a wonderful backdrop. So very happy to see you at TIME OUT!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation and love your take on our challenge, great colours… Many thanks for entering into our challenge,Wedding / Valentine / Friendship
and hope to see you again soon. Good luck in the final draw.
[aNNie design team member for Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Susan Hogan said...

Such a lovely piece and truly clever. Thanks for playing along this month at Unstampabelles.

frommycraftroom said...

Another beautiful card. Thanks again for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Nonni said...

This is such a cute design! I love your use of dies, especially the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Keti's Projects said...

Such a beautiful card. Love it. Thank you for joining us at UnstampaBelles. Keti (DT)