Thursday 10 December 2020

Fa la la la Llama

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are well.


Today's make is a pyramid card using Dovecraft papers, Stamping Bella stamps and computer generated sentiments. 

After colouring 'Oddball Llama' in with Copic markers and cutting him out I stamped out a scarf and ear muffs from a Docrafts mini stamp set using Versamagic 'Ocean Depth'

I thought the scarf looked too small on him


so I stamped it out twice again and cut out two long sides so that I could wrap it properly around his neck.


For the card base I cut three 14cm squares from my ancient 'Let It Snow' paper pad and scored them on the diagonal (it's 200gsm so is the perfect weight for this sort of card). 

When you start assembling the card, anything with a pattern on it turns out slanted but I wanted to make sure that the wording on the front piece ended up horizontally.  I put the first two pieces together and placed it like so on the third piece to work out how where to cut :-

 
(I drew around the blue stripey square)

To give him something to stand on I printed out sentiments onto white 200gsm card, leaving a lot of space around the 'la la la la llama' so I could die cut it (Stitched Landscape by Poppystamps).
 

I hadn't really thought what I was going to do beyond this point but decided I'd add more words from the song (Deck the Halls). 

This is the left hand side of my pyramid - I decided to use the slanted side of the blue paper instead of tucking it in behind the beige paper, as I thought the colour matched better with the holly (which was cut with a Sizzix die). I used red adhesive gems for berries.
 

For the right hand side of the card I added Gingerbread Chicks (also Stamping Bella). 



The second chick is holding a piping bag, so to turn it into a bag of sweeties I snipped the end off and drew some circles inside the bag.



I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-

Stamping Bella Merry & Bright

Crafty Calendar Christmas

Creative Inspirations Ho! ho! ho! (Christmas makes)

2 Crafty Critter Crazies #45 Anything Goes with critter


Colour Crazy Challenge #48  Anything Goes

Creative Fingers #198 Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

10 comments:

brenda said...

Such fun and what a great shape as well, thanks so much for sharing another card with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

B x

Liz said...

Super card, Katrina. I love the expression on the llama's face! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck.
Liz xx

Kathleen said...

Great shape, love the subtle colours and the great image. Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge once again at We love Chocolate Baroque.

Kath x

Leanne Harris said...

I love the shape of this card and what a fun llama! - Great make. Many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque xxx

cotnob said...

A super card Katrina, a fun image and great shape.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mari said...

What a lovely card. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Creative Fingers.
DT Mari, my blog Ittetehty

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Carte de Noël originale, coloration superbe.
Fa la la la...
Merci de votre particitation à Colour Crazy Challenge.
MaryannG
G.D. Colour Crazy Challenge

Original Christmas card, superb coloring.
Fa la la la...
Thank you for participating in Colour Crazy Challenge.
MaryannG
G.D. Colour Crazy Challenge

creationsnz said...

Nice work Katrina, and such a fun shape to show off your llama. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

Fikreta said...

So wonderful card!

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

What a fun card and I love the shape. Thanks for entering our challenge this month at Creative Inspirations and good luck Jayne DT