Saturday 7 November 2020

Northern lights

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are well.
 

So I've made a start on my Christmas cards at last :D

After being inspired by the wonderful watercolour backgrounds created by Tracey Hey at Alpaca Pals I wanted to have a go myself. My Gansai Tambi paints are out on loan so I treated myself to a watercolour travel set. 


There is a nice range of colours but with hindsight I should have gone for larger paint pans because you can't use a large paintbrush without picking up neighbouring colours, which is a bit of a pain if you want large areas of colour.

My first attempt looked really blocky because I painted onto dry watercolour paper. For my second go I wet the paper first, so the colours blend together much better. 

Ingredients:-

Snow Buddies rubber stamp (Lili of the Valley)
Black Versafine ink
Large Christmas Greetings (Lili of the Valley)
Wishes die (Impression Obsession)
Stitched Landscapes die (Memory Box)
Iced Spruce Distress Ink

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-


ABC Christmas Challenge W for Winter Wonderland/X for Xtra Special

Cute card thursday #659 Anything Goes

Tinker- Dream  #btchallenge94 Background

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

8 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful I love that stamp and ,it looks amazing on that great background Love and hugs Carole x

Gibmiss said...

Lovely card Katrina ...love Tracey Hey ...
Hope you are well ..
Hugs Sylvie xx

brenda said...

A very sweet Christmas creation, many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

B x

Lynda said...

Lovely card Kat, and that background looks like the Aurora Borealis. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card!! It's so sweet and just love your water colouring, the background looks spectacular!
Thank you for entering your lovely work at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge!

Claudia said...

Oh Katrina, how lovely. Your colourful background is fantastic and perfect for the cute little bear. Wonderful!

Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT bastel-traum challenge

Zw@@n said...

Wow, Katrina, I love your card. Gorgeous colours and such a cute polar bear. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

Stephanie said...

Oh, I love this rainbow background! It is a lovely card! Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.
Hugs and good luck
Stephanie Klein
DT bastel-traum challenge