Sunday 15 November 2020

Leafy Spelling

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are well.
 

Just popping in to show you the card I made for my Mum's birthday.

I covered an A5 landscape card blank with a paper from the Rose Garden paper pack (First Edition) and then cut lots of foliage from Falling Leaves papers (again, First Edition).

After a bit of judicious snipping I arranged the various sprigs to spell Mum and attached them to a strip of vellum with dabs of Cosmic Shimmer glue. This was then attached to the card by only adding glue where it was hidden by the lettering.

For finishing touches I added some knotted organza ribbon, a computer sentiment and tiny flowers made with Tim Holtz tattered florals thinlits and little gems.
 


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #485  Anything Goes using paper 

Rabisco Challenge  Anything Goes with haberdashery item 

Crafty Calendar Anything Goes

Cut it Up #213 For a woman/girl with a die-cut

Through the Purple Haze #173 tic tac toe (top row)


Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

6 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

How creative! I love how you used your leaf die to spell out the word mum. She'll love this card made just for her!

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Be Brave, Be Strong, Be Bold challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

ScrappyHorses said...

How lovely is this card in such pretty colors! So delicate and full of floral beauty! Your mum is sure to love this special card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty I love. The design and fab paper Love and hugs Carole x

Liz said...

Beautiful feminine card, Katrina. I love how you’ve created the word ‘Mum’ - very clever. Thank you for ,joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Saphron said...

Oh I adore this!! So delicate and unique!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Catrin Goodwin said...

Oh a beautiful Card! so delicate and sweet! Thank you for joining us at Penny's - Good Luck x