Thursday 12 November 2020

Goddaughter's 18th

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are well.
 

Whilst I was looking for a teenage image to do my Goddaughter's 18th birthday card I came across this set of digital image freebies courtesy of Making Cards & Papercraft magazine
 

I chose the top left image so that I could colour most of it in myself. On printing it out I discovered that what I'd thought was a phone in her hand was actually a coffee cup. Since I'd already done a coffee theme card for her 16th I decided to digitally erase a couple of lines and print it out again. It needed a little touching up with a fineliner pen to give the 'phone' a solid outline and I also drew in a camera lens.

After die-cutting the image into a circle and then marking with a pencil roughly where it would go on my card, I stamped on some flowers in Brilliance/Versamagic inks to match the ones in her hair.

I coloured the rest of the image with Copic markers and then added a computer generated sentiment and die-cut the '18' from black card. The red organza ribbon adds a touch of luxury.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #485  Anything Goes using paper

As You Like It Challenge Favourite his or hers - I definitely prefer making female cards, so much easier than men's cards as you can add pretty much anything :D

Rabisco Challenge  Anything Goes with haberdashery item

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

8 comments:

Janette said...

This is just beautiful, what a gorgeous card and I love the image, thankyou for the link.xx

Viv said...

What a great card for a teenager Katrina. Am sure she loved it!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Katrina
This is gorgeous Katrina ... love the modern look ...and the colours ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Katrina. Gorgeous image and beautiful colouring. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Lorraine said...

This is so pretty Katrina, a gorgeous girly card.
Thanks for joining our challenge at As You Like It.
Lorraine x

Saphron said...

Oh this is gorgeous! So perfect for an 18th!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Catrin Goodwin said...

This is beautiful! I love the elegance and its simple nature! Fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Penny's - Good Luck x

Maria Valente said...

I love this! Thank you for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs