Sunday 12 September 2021

New Home

Hello lovely peeps



Our nephew moved into his first flat last week so I made a new home card for him using this fab Cityscape digi from Oddball Art.

I printed the digi onto 300gsm Supersmooth card from Limetree Crafts with a computer sentiment. 

Although it's quite a cute image I thought if I coloured it in with neutral colours it would suit a young man (I've used Promarkers)


The original plan was to do a 5x7 card but after folding the card over I liked the look of the back being wider than the front of the card.

To decorate the back edge I drew scribbly lines with a black fineliner and coloured to match the main image.



I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:-

I love Promarkers #443 AG opt monochrome

Dream Valley Challenges #254 Make it digital

Just Add Ink #571 just add lines

TIME OUT Challenges #196 Brave (nephew flying the coop)

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

12 comments:

cotnob said...

A super new home card Katrina, a fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

Great new home card Katrina hugs Sue x

Patrice said...

What a great card, Katrina. I love the wider back look of a card too & you've tied the border in nicely. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Hi Katrina,
I like your CAS New Home card with the natural colour combination!
Greetings from Wiebke

Chantell Randall said...

The colouring of your image and stripes is lovely and perfect for a male. I really love your idea of creating the stripes to match the image. Chantell Just Add Ink

Anke said...

Wonderful card, I love the border and your colouring.

Hugs
Anke

Brenda said...

What a perfect image and so beautifully colored!

Annie A said...

Great use of stripes and beautiful coloured on this lovely card! Thank you for sharing - Ann - Just Add Ink

Sharon Noble said...

Beautiful makes xxx big hugs thank you for joining us at I ❤️ProMarkers
Come visit me at https://sharonscreativeramblings.blogspot.com/

Jill V said...

That stripey border you added is so fabulous - it complements the whimsical style of your digi perfectly. I love the colours you used too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT!

Fikreta said...

So wonderful card!

Jill V said...

Our DT loved your beautiful design and selected it for an honourable mention in our TIME OUT Brave challenge - congratulations and we hope to see you playing along with us in future TO challenges :)