Friday 22 March 2019

Howdy Nick

Hello lovely peeps


If you've not seen the news on my Facebook or Instagram pages, I am delighted to say that I was invited by the lovely Nick Roberts to be on the Design Team for Craftascope.  Nick is on Hochanda TV today at 10am and 3pm to demonstrate his fabulous new stamps, stencils and dies, as well as bringing back his first collection


I've made a couple of cards with the stencils of men's faces from the first launch.

For the cowboy card I drew through the 'Bailey' stencil lightly with pencil onto watercolour card primed with white gesso. I drew what I'm hoping looks a bit like a cowboy hat to fit on top of the head and also drew in a simple shirt collar below his chin.

If you would like to download my (ahem) cowboy hat for your personal use, please do. I have also added it to my Freebies page so people can find it later.


In the background I used the Monument mask from Clarity Stamp to sponge on some brown paint and then basically just painted everything in with acrylic paint (I say 'basically', but it took me a few hours 😄 - it's the biggest piece I've painted since doing my O'level art many, many moons ago).

The 'howdy' lettering was done with a Tim Holtz 'Typo Lowercase' Bigz die.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
UnstampaBelles #87 makes for men and boys




In contrast, the other card I made with the stencils (this one is 'Xander') took me about fifteen minutes to make.

I drew zig-zag lines through the stencil with a sharp 6B pencil, always going across the narrowest part of the gap to make it look uniform. 


After rubbing out the inevitable smudges I sealed it with a couple of coats of hairspray and stamped a sentiment over the top. Some black buttons finish it off.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Simply Less is More #391 take 3 (3 buttons)

My teamies have made some fabulous samples so I hope you will pop over and pay them a visit too.
Bryan Evans  blog - Geezer Crafter
Natalie Ellis  blog - Tilly Anne  and lovesplat on Instagram
Cheryl Wall  blog - chez101craftywaftydoodah
Nicola Clegg on Facebook

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

7 comments:

geezercrafter said...

Fab creations Kat, look forward to seeing your samples on the shows.

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous amazing colouring and such a very different design gorgeous love and hugs Carole x

hollyberry said...

Both of these look amazing Katrina. So different looking and by the sounds of it in the time they took you to make! Nicola xxx

Susan Hogan said...

What a fabulous pair of makes. Your technique has held up then, from O levels (LOL). I like the background and the hat is amazing. Such a focal point. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity and inventiveness with us at Unstampabelles.

Fikreta said...

great!

frommycraftroom said...

What a fabulous stencil. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Unstampabelles.

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing project with us in the March "Men & Boys" Challenge over at UnstampaBelles, and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, UnstampaBelles DT
Love To Scrap 2