Tuesday 19 March 2019

Goodbye Uncle Paul

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are all well.


It's a sad day today as we lay my wonderful Uncle Paul to rest. This is the card I made for his family, using Inkylicious Poppies.

I stamped the poppies onto fabric patterned paper (LOTV/Nitwit) the went around the edges with a wet paintbrush before tearing a rough outline.


Paul loved his singing so I had to include some music paper on the card. I used a digi paper from the Heartfelt collection by Raspberry Road, and made it brighter in Irfanview to fade it out so it didn't overpower the card.

This is a photo of Uncle Paul and I at my Dad's 60th. I bet he and Dad are having a good old catch up right now, they got on famously as they were both true gentleman and had a great sense of fun.



I was really touched when my Aunty asked me to read out one of his poems at the service. It's called 'Ode on Thought' and I really hope I can do it justice (though I would settle for not turning into a blubbering wreck as I'm reading it).

Love and hugs,
Katrina x

3 comments:

Claire said...

Aww Katrina, I'm so sorry for the loss on your uncle and I'm sure your dad and Paul will give you the strength to get through a difficult day. You've made a beautiful card to honour his memory x

Kath said...

A beautiful card for a very sad occasion.
Kath x

Fikreta said...

Its so nice card!