Saturday 2 February 2019

Hello from the Walrus

Hello lovely peeps


The new challenge starting at Crafty Calendar today is 'add texture and use ribbon'.

We have two sponsors this month




and I've had the lovely Cuddly Critters Walrus from Dr Digi to play with.

I stamped him onto 200gsm Simply The Best card and coloured in with Promarkers
Walrus: Ice Grey 1-5 (& C5 Copic for the tiny areas of shadow)
Tusks: Grey Squirrel and Warm Grey3

For the sky I blended Hickory Smoke distress ink over a piece of Sheena Stamping Card and attached it to a 6x6 card blank. The sea was done with the reverse side of the Seaside Embossing Folder from Stampin' Up which I received as a prize from the lovely Rebecca - I blended some more Hickory Smoke over the top to highlight the 'waves'.

Other ingredients:
Painted Greetings from Altenew
Three Kings spotty organza ribbon
black Sakura pigma fineliner pen

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
The Male Room #103 nature
Make My Monday - #88 winter birthday
YNS Challenges  #106 Colours of winter

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

9 comments:

Sue - said...

Definitely a winter card! Love it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so cute. I love how you've textured the water. Love Dawn x

meg said...

Fun card with an adorable critter, love the texture of the sea

Chris said...

He's so cute Katrina, beautifully coloured... that water looks icy!!! Like how you've used the ribbon!
Chris
x

Liz said...

Lovely card, Katrina, the walrus is adorable. I love how you've created the sea. xx

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

MA-MI said...

What a great masculine card! I love your colouring. Thanks for sharing your work with The Male Room. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
Regards,
Maja DT
My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

Ana A said...

Really wonderful card you have created with that adorable walrus! Your coloring is really amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful card with us at The Male Room Craft Challenge. I hope to see your beautiful creations in our future galleries!

Lady Joyful said...

Fabulous card! I love the walrus. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT