Thursday 28 February 2019

Get Wool Soon

Hello lovely peeps


A punny card to share with you today. I was looking for stamps to suit a challenge sketch and found this fab little sheep in a 'Knitting' set by Inkydoodles along with a 'get wool soon' sentiment* which made me laugh.

I've never really settled on my own 'style' when cardmaking but I love the 'cute meets painty' look so I thought I'd give that a go with this card (it doesn't bode well for my massive stash of patterned papers if this ends up being the style I settle on)

For the bottom panel I smooshed some Distress Oxides (Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio) onto my craft mat and spritzed with water before dragging some watercolour card through it.  I over-stamped with a swirly stamp in the 'Build a Tree' set by Marion Emberson/Personal Impressions.


*The 'get wool soon' sentiment in the Inkydoodles set was too small to suit my sketch so I took a sentiment from an old 'It's all in the Words' set (again ME/PI) and masked off the 'el' in the middle of 'well' with a thin strip of sticky note before inking. I used two small black adhesive pearls to represent the 'oo' in the middle of 'wool'.

On the card base I painted on a little Cracked Pistachio and then loaded some up on a paintbrush and spattered a little around the edges of my blob. The sheep was just stamped onto 200gsm Simply The Best card and coloured with Copics (N0-N9) before cutting out and gluing on top


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Oddball Art Stamps Anything Goes opt sentimentally deranged
Mod Squad Challenge - use stripes
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge #7 Anything Goes
My Favourite Things Sketch Challenge #426 



Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

4 comments:

Fikreta said...

Very nice card!

debby4000 said...

What a brilliant card, love the twist on the sentiment works a treat.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Joyce Erb said...

Cute card, funny sentiment:-) Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge

Sarah said...

What a fabulous card. Thank you so much for joining in at The Colour Crazy Craft Challenge. Sarah DT