Wednesday 18 May 2016

With all your Heart for Leonie

Good evening lovely peeps.

Leonie is launching her new stamps this evening on Hochanda TV and they are all gorgeous. I anticipate another sell-out (possibly before the end of the first hour). 


This is my favourite card out of all the ones I made and I was chuffed to bits to find out that it features on the packaging. How fab is that? What a huge honour.


So, here's a little bit about how I made it.  All the stamps I've used are in the Flight to Freedom set.

I wanted a colourful inky background so I dug out my mini Distress Inks (spiced marmalade, mustard seed, worn lipstick) and some glossy card.
To start off I stamped the smallest butterfly all over my card with Versamark ink. I then dabbed my 3 ink pads randomly around my craft mat, spritzed them with water and dragged the card through it to transfer the colour.


Hmm, OK but a teensy bit abstract and I don't like the way the colour has pooled.
So I grabbed a fresh piece of glossy card, spritzed some more water onto my mat and dragged the card through (no butterflies this time)

Much happier with the second one, so I stamped a few hearts along the bottom with worn lipstick and then stamped the sentiment on using Timber Brown Stazon


Next I stamped some butterflies onto super smooth 120gsm paper with Cocoa Memento ink and cut them out.


I've mounted the card panel onto dark brown paper and then onto a 7x7 card and (after 30 minutes arranging and re-arranging, lol) I glued the butterflies on top.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Love to Scrap  #78 Anything Goes
 The Crafty Addicts #15 Anything Goes/Add a Sentiment
Sisterhood of Crafters No designer paper
Creatalicious Challenges #91 - Anything Goes with optional no design paper
Little Claire's #69 Butterflies
Penny Black and More  Anything Goes with Stamping
Stamping Sensations  Anything Goes
Open-Minded Challenges #5 Favourite technique (making inky/spritzed backgrounds)

613 Avenue Create  #176 Anything goes
 Fab 'n' Funky #305 - No Designer Papers
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #278 Anything Goes


Thank you so much for popping by today. I'll be back tomorrow with another of the samples I made with this set. Leonie has more shows at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm on Hochanda, and my teamies have some fab samples to show you on their blogs.

Katrina x

22 comments:

Jane Royston said...

I love this card Katrina, the colours are stunning and it looks really striking on the packaging! Jane :) x

Anonymous said...

Amazing Kat, you are so talented ! So lovely to be working with you x

Olga Fink said...

Gorgeous card! fantastic background!
xoxo Olga

trent999 said...

I love the way your card turned out Katrina, the colours and effect are stunning. I hope you didn't throw the other background away, It would have been nice to see what you did with it. I am sure it would have looked lovely.xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card Katrina, how wonderful for you to see your cards on the show :)
Hugs, Kaz x

hollyberry said...

Definitely bright and beautiful. Love the colours and always love butterflies.

Sarah said...

Totally brilliant!! xx

Eekers said...

The background is amazing! Love how the hearts at the bottom worked out! Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Good Luck! :)
Annabel - Crafty Addicts DT.

Darlene said...

What a fabulous technique ... looks AMAZING! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘NO DESIGNER PAPER’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Katrina Bufton said...

Thank you Elaine :) It is a pleasure to work with you xx

Katrina Bufton said...

Thanks Nick :)
I did keep the other background, I expect I'll unearth it again at some point :D

brenda said...

A very pretty creation in lovely colours with super inking and stamping Kat many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges this month.

B x

Lillian A said...

Pretty background and nice butterflies. Thanks for joining our challenge at Love To Scrap.

KraftyKoolKat said...

An awesome creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at OMCFC.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

MAKKE FOAR DY said...

This is wonderful! I think you deserved the honor to be on the package! I love the colors and the sentiment!
Thanks for joining our ATG challenge at Through the craftroomdoor. Hope to see you again!
Aly DT

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous inking technique, Katrina! Thanks so much for joining in our "Favorite Technique" challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun this month and good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Dora said...

fantastic background! Beautiful butterflies. They comming very good on the card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month and for joining at LC-Designs.
Guest-designer Dora

Linby said...

Love the effect you've achieved and the colours you used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x

Alison said...

The background is amazing and I love all the different butterflies. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Joan said...

Lovely background and pretty butterflies

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Eret said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors on your fun background. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Sarah Bell said...

Lovely carday and a fab tutorial. Thank you for joining the LC Design's blog challenge
Sarah - LC Designs DT x