Sunday 15 May 2016

Whale of a Time for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps and welcome to my new email follower :D


 I thought I'd show you how I made my whale card with Leonie's fab pattern stamps.
First I stamped the swirls from the Tangled Tails set onto a post-it to make a mask.
Little tip: cut through 3 or 4 post-its at once to save on cutting time


I stamped the swirls several times onto some blue Craft Asylum paper, masking as I went


I cut along the top of the waves ready to slot my whale into (I repeated this a couple of times elsewhere in the middle of the sea)


For my whales I started with the 'S' shape (also from Tangled Tails)
The pencil outline is where I was going to cut.


To make the 'tail' more realistic I drew a little curl on the end with a black fineliner pen.


 I made 3 of these and slotted them into place in the sea. The sentiment was done on my computer and I matted the whole thing on another Craft Asylum paper before mounting onto a 5x7 white card blank. The charm and twine etc. are from my stash.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
613 Avenue Create  #176 Anything goes
C.R.A.F.T. #363 Birthday
The Crafty Addicts #15 Anything Goes/Add a Sentiment
  Crafty Creations #315 Monochromatic
Creative Moments #93 Anything Goes w/optional twist Black, white & 1 colour
Aud Sentiments Challenge #155 Anything Goes + A Sentiment
Star Stampz Challenge  Birthday
Creative Craft Cottages Challenges #63 Three of a Kind


A little heads-up before I go - Leonie is launching some gorgeous new stamps on Wednesday evening at 8pm (UK time) on Hochanda TV and there will be more shows throughout the day on Thursday (9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm). I may have a sample or two to show you when the shows start .....

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope to see you again soon.

Katrina x

11 comments:

Furrbster said...

This is brilliant - love the walk through of how you made this card too!

Hugz Tinz

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Kate, I like the whales and the waves
Kevin xx

Billie A said...

Awesome masking and creating your water.. The whale is awesome. I wouldn't of thought to use this as a whale and it's perfect. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments Billie A (DT)

Judy V said...

Great card! Love the way you used these stamps! So creative! Thanks for sharing at Creative Craft Cottage!

Barbara Bruder said...

Love your card. So cute. And love your creativity, makes for this adorable card.Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

hollyberry said...

Love this card. It is quirky and makes me smile. Great to see the stamps used in a different way.

sweet art designs said...

Great imaginative card! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Anonymous said...

How fantastic is this !! You have a great imagination Kat x

ccheney said...

Such a great card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Cindy (DT)

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage.

Helen x

Chana Malkah said...

Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner