Thursday 19 May 2016

The Birds for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps and thank you for visiting today, it's means a lot to me.
First off I'd like to welcome my new follower, I'm thrilled to have you here :)


I've got another sample to show you from Leonie's launch show last night.
This time I've used the bird stamp from the Just Be set


To make my background I scribbled Bud Green, Sunflower and Rose Pink Spectrum Aqua pens onto watercolour card, spritzed it with water and dried with a heat gun.


Then I stamped the bird with black archival ink, covering with post-it masks as I went





Once I had covered my piece of card I coloured a few of the birds in with the same pens.


It just needed trimming down a little then to fit into my frame.



I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
613 Avenue Create  #176 Anything goes
Colour Your World with Lacy Sunshine Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends  #34 Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread #15 Anything Goes (Always)
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes


My lovely teamies JaneElaine and Nick have some more samples to show you over on their blogs today too and Leonie has more TV shows at 9, 12, 4 and 7 o'clock.

I'll be back again later with one more Leonie make, I hope you can visit again,
Katrina x

14 comments:

Jane Royston said...

Stunning piece Katrina! You must have loads of patience but it certainly pays off, Jane :) x

Sarah said...

This is really striking Katrina, so simple yet really effective xx

Unknown said...

This is really lovely, just bought my stamps.

Katrina Bufton said...

Thank you Andrea. I hope you will enjoy using these stamps too :)

Katrina Bufton said...

Thank you Andrea. I hope you will enjoy using these stamps too :)

Fikreta said...

very nice
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sheryl said...

Lovely piece. Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Hope to use those stamps and get ideas too.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is one amazing project Kat love how you have masked and layered the birds it is fantastic, can I also thank you for joining our challenge at LPOCF
hugs
lorraine x

hollyberry said...

This is really pretty and very cute. You must have so much patience stamping and masking all those little birds.

Joyce Ann said...

This is really cool! Very nice! Thank you for sharing your project with us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck in the challenge.

Yvonne Garner said...

A lot of effort and a great result! Thank you for sharing with us at EE!

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper