Friday 13 May 2016

Flower Wreath for Polkadoodles

Hello lovely peeps


For todays make I used some of the gorgeous pre-coloured flowers on the Magic Garden CD from Polkadoodles.

 I started off with one of the wreaths that I made from birch twigs 18 months ago


I printed off lots of flowers from the CD and cut them out with my Craft Robo. I shaped each one with a ball tool and poked holes in the centres before layering them up two at a time with mini black brads.



It was a bit awkward trying to arrange the flowers on the wreath as they kept falling off, so I cut a rough outline of the wreath out of black paper


Once I was happy with the layout I started glueing them all on with a hot glue gun.


 Once that was done I wanted something to hang in the middle, so I picked one of the fab chalkboard sentiments on the CD.

I printed it off twice and cut them out (it's a nice easy shape to cut). I attached some fine thread in between the two layers which was then tied around the top of the wreath.


It's finished off with a loop of pink satin ribbon to hang it up with and a couple of pieces knotted around the wreath itself.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Everybody-Art-Challenge #368 - Flowers
 Shopping Our Stash #251 - April Showers Bring May Flowers
 Deep Ocean Challenge #128: "Flowers everywhere
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Spring/Flowers 

  Live & Love Crafts Challenge  #47 Blossoms &/or Butterflies 
Quirky Crafts #5 April Showers bring Quirky May Flowers

I'll be blogging a Leonie card over the weekend but if you're a Polkadoodles fan then make sure to come back and visit on Monday for a very special post

Thanks for stopping by today,
Katrina x

7 comments:

Tracey said...

Absolutely beautiful Katrina & so creative :o)
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful make Kate, love the pretty flowers.

Donna x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Kate!!
Kevin xx

Fikreta said...

very beautiful
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Jane Royston said...

Gorgeous creation Katrina! Those flowers are beautiful, Jane :) X

Chana Malkah said...

Very nicely crafted, indeed! Thanks so much for sharing with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ! I want this xx