Thursday 25 July 2019

Retro Fun

Hello lovely peeps


A really quick post before I dash off to work to share the last two cards I made with the Retro Collection from Craftascope.

For the first one I used the Retro Banner die which I cut from black card, white card and watercolour card that I previously coloured with green/orange/purple Distress Oxides. Although it looks 3D anyway I decided to have it on a spring on the front of the card to really pop out. The background was done with the Retro Rounds stencil, vaseline and distress inks on Sheena's Stamping Card

The second card was inspired by a Mondrian painting that I saw on a school Art trip to Amsterdam. I thought the solid blocks in the Retro Vibes stamp set were ideal for this.


I used my stamping platform for this one to line everything up and was able to build up some lovely rich colours by stamping 2-3 times in the same spot.


To finish off I added lines drawn with a ruler and a black Promarker and wording from the Retro Fever stamp set.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
 (to come)

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

2 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Two fabulous cards but my favourite is the Mondrian inspired one. I love the font you used. Love Dawn x

Fikreta said...

So nice cards!