Saturday 13 July 2019

Spaced Out

Hello lovely peeps


A space themed card today, made using various Craftascope products, including the Retro Collection

When I received the 'Textures' stamp from the previous release the first thing that sprang to mind for the top right pattern was a moon/planet surface, so I've been dying to do a space card.


First I created a mask for my planet using copy paper and a 15.5cm circle die, then sponged through some Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink onto Sheena Stamping Card.


With the mask still in place I inked up the texture stamp with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink and stamped over the top.


One of the most useful stencils in the Retro Collection is Retro Rounds, it makes fabulous patterns.


I've used it on this project to create some planetary rings (like Saturn). In the opposite corner from my first planet I lightly sponged some vaseline though part of the stencil onto the card (to act as a resist). After covering up the first planet with the circle of paper I cut earlier I then brayered Black Memento ink over the top. As you can see, the vaseline doesn't completely resist the ink so the rings look a little hazy, which is what I wanted.


To make the little moons I stamped the small circles from the Retro Vibes stamp set onto the background with Versamark ink and then sprinkled on white detail embossing powder (Stampendous) before heat setting.


For my spaceman I stamped one of the faces from the ATC Antics stamp set onto white card and coloured him in with alcohol markers. His space suit was made from circles of white card - I cut an aperture in it for the face plate and put acetate behind.  The moons were coloured in with alcohol pens too, but do be careful if doing this as some of the white embossing powder transferred back onto the pen nibs.

To finish off I added stamped and embossed words from the Retro Fever stamp set.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Scrapping 4 Fun #144 holiday/travel
Creative Inspirations Anything Goes
Crafter's Cafe #222 sci-fi/out of this world
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends  #109 Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

9 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

WOW! Your space scene is very realistic! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafter's Cafe.

hollyberry said...

As ever how you think of these things with the items you are given I don't know. Think that this card is brilliant,so imaginative. Nicola x

Dorothy S said...

This is so well done! I especially like the look of the planet. This is so appropriate with the emphasis on space right now. Hubby espcially has watched a lot of TV Space specials! Thanks for sharing this theme for the current challenge at the Crafter's Cafe.
Dorothy S, DT member

Joy Wilson said...

Fun card and very realistic! Thanks for joining us and good luck withs your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Renate said...

Wouw, funny space card, Katrina
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4Fun
Renate DT

Dawn Phillips said...

Absolutely brilliant and so creative. I love that this is so topical too at the moment. Love Dawn x

Fikreta said...

great card!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Gorgeous love your space scene
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations.