Sunday 7 July 2019

Stitched Leaves

Hello lovely peeps, I do hope you are well.


First, sincere apologies for my absence. I started a new job in June with many more hours than I was doing previously and I was rather optimistic about the amount of time and energy I'd have left for crafting and blogging.

I was up at the crack of dawn this morning (ok, so it was only six o'clock but it's Sunday so it felt like the crack of dawn :D ) so I've just time for a quick post before I head off to work.

I still have quite a few Craftascope makes left to share with you, this is one of my favourites using the Retro/Floral collections.

First I made some patterned papers by sponging Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks through the Retro Plaid, Retro Chaos and Retro Quartet stencils onto watercolour card. I then used one of the dies in the Floral Companions set to cut out the leaf shapes.


Next I placed them on a pad of paper and ran through the centres with my stab and stitch tool


then used some taupe cotton thread to back-stitch through the holes


To finish them off I went around the leaf edges with distress ink and added mini cream buttons


The sentiment is from the Positive Journey stamp set.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #437 Anything Goes
YNS Challenges  #117  3 of something

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

2 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Katrina: your autumn harvest card's clean and simple styling really helps make the leaves be such a focal! Great layout design! Thanks for sharing at PPCC's #437! Becca/DT

Fikreta said...

its so nice!