Monday 4 March 2024

I Sea

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are well.

It was a gorgeous day here yesterday (if a bit cold still). Makes me hopeful that Spring is on the way. 



Today's card is another unusual fold/seaside theme, this one is called a Double W Fold. We did these at cardmaking club at the end of last year and they're so effective that I thought this would be an ideal fold for doing my friend's 'big' birthday card.


The boats and bunnies are from the 'You Keep Me Afloat' stamps and matching dies (MFT) and coloured in with bright colours of Copic markers. The sun and clouds are from the 'Sweet Safari' set. 



The post that this little fella is tethered to was drawn by hand with a black fineliner and coloured using vertical lines to resemble wood. 

The waves were done with one of the dies from the Pop-up Wiper die set and one of the Surf n Turf dies (both MFT die-namics)



I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:-
Crafty Calendar More than one fold
Cardz 4 Galz #219 seascape
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends  #225 Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations AG or Spring 
Creative creases #77 AG with a Fun fold 


Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x







7 comments:

Johanna said...

Your fold is so interesting and I love all the little images you have used. It is a great scene with lots of detail. How you did your post is quite realistic. Thanks for joining us at cardzforgalz, Johanna DT

brenda said...

A fun summery card, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Just Peachy Stamping said...

What a fabulous fun fold, and this one is new-to-me! I must save your post so I can recreate this fold. The card is so awesomely adorable! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. I hope to see you in the gallery again for our next challenge. Please share your card with the Creative Creases challenge. It's always anything goes with a fun fold, and I'm the guest designer for the current challenge. Sue - DT C4G

Jinny said...

What a fun card. I especially love the fold. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow, Katrina, this is a gorgeous fun fold card! I wish I could see it in person, so I could see all of the wonderful details at once. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

SarahR said...

Hi there, what a fabulously cute card with some brilliant folding. Apologies for being late to commenting, but thanks for joining in with us for last month's 'More than one fold' challenge at Crafty Calendar Challenge - Sarah, DT.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card, love the design.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x