Saturday 24 April 2021

Hooked on Crochet

Hello lovely peeps and welcome to my new follower.

Please allow me to introduce my new crafty obsession ......... crochet!


I've been dying to learn crochet for ages now, ever since I saw someone had crocheted a baby groot (from Guardians of the Galaxy). The pattern looked a bit complicated though so I've been keeping an eye out for a simpler project to get me started. 

Then I saw that one of my ex-Polkadoodles teamies, Cara, had crocheted some oh-so-cute little cats and that, as they say, was that  :D

I watched several YouTube videos, did lots of practice with some acrylic DK and a new set of crochet hooks, then took the plunge and bought some proper yarn. Cara recommended a few different ones and I went for YarnArt Jeans which I got from Our Little Craft Co (fabulous service).

One of the cats I regularly cat-sit for is Jim, a gorgeous grey tabby. I decided to make my first kitty based on him as his owner's birthday is coming up soon. 


It took me several sessions to get him finished (and it took ages to do his facial features) but I'm quite pleased with how he turned out.

I used:-
3mm crochet hook
YarnArt Jeans shades 46 Grey & 80 Light Grey 
(& strands of 62 Snow White for whiskers)
Ricorumi shade 008 Rose
black acrylic DK
large needle
stuffing
free pattern for 'Itty Bitty Crochet Kitty' from Thoresby Cottage


I would like to enter my kitty in the following challenges:-
Show us Your Pussies-Cat Only Challenge #65 Furrything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #49 AG with critter

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

7 comments:

cotnob said...

A super crochet cat Katrina, he's so cute - it doesn't look like you've just started to crochet.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Fikreta said...

so very cute!

Lorraine said...

He looks fabulous - so cute
Lorraine x

Diane said...

Super cute cat great job.

Hugs diane

Kath said...

He's fabulous - I've tried (and failed) to learn how to crochet so I admire your skill.
Kath x

ike said...

That is so cute. I am glad you are enjoying a new hobby. I love to crochet and have many cat patterns :-D
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

LOU said...

Adorable kitty Katrina. You have inspired me to go back to my crochet.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Love to Craft Challenge for April 2021.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions