Monday 20 May 2019

Nifty at Fifty

Hello lovely peeps, long time no see!
Sorry for my absence, I've been on holiday and ran out of time to schedule posts before I went.


I had a Nifty at Fifty theme in my head for this card - a milestone birthday for a female cyclist.

The  closest suitable image I could find was a sporty male cyclist on the Work and Play 4 CD from Polkadoodles.  There is a female cyclist too but she is wearing a floaty dress which didn't really suit my theme.

So what else to do but cut off the poor male cyclists head and attach the female cyclists head in it's place :o)

I used the erase tool in CraftArtist to do this but you could print them both out for fussy cutting and swap heads that way. I also erased a little bit of the shirt underneath the arm so I could draw in a curve for the bosom.

For the background I added in a material from the Natural Landscapes digikit and some 'road' that I cut from a watercolour paper/material which I tinted grey. To make the road blend in with the background I used the heavy feather edge in styles tab.

I added the sentiment in CraftArtist too and then printed the project out onto 240gsm white card (Simply The Best from Limetree)

She was coloured in with mostly Copics
Top: BV31, BV02, BV13
Bike frame: G40, G12, YG45
Tyres/shorts: N5, N7, N9
Skin: YR000, YR00, YR01
Hair: (Graph'It )1210, 1230, 1270

and I added a little bit of personalisation by drawing in her name cross the back of the shirt with a black fineliner pen. Of course you wouldn't be able to see most of it but her name is Tracey.



I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Dream Valley Challenges #202 only girls allowed
Copic UK Official FB Group  Anything Goes
Polkadoodles #20 Anything Goes 
Colour Crazy Challenge #18 Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #430 Anything Goes 

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

6 comments:

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh Katrina, this is just wonderful! I love how you've altered the images to suit your needs, and created such the perfect image to work with instead. I love the name on her shirt and the lovely background too. A wonderful card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Penny's!
Linda

N-Eva said...

Cute card with pretty colors! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Beautifully finished. Love the softer colors and the background. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Colour Crazy Challenge. AJ DT CCC

Crafting Belle said...

Fab card, love that you merged the two images to get it how you needed. Thank you for joining us for our Week 20 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles.

Why not join our other other challenges at Digi Choosday and A Gem of a Challenge.

Hugs Lisa xxx

Ann-Marie said...

A wonderful card and fab background. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles and hope you will join us again.

Take care,
Ann-Marie (DT)