Thursday 16 August 2018

Top Knot Filled with love

Hello lovely peeps


A commission to share with you today - I was asked to make an 'extra special filled with loads of love' card for my friend's 13 year old Granddaughter. I started off the gorgeous digi called 'Top Knot' from All Dressed Up.

First I pulled her into CraftArtist and removed the background using the CutOut Studio, then I added a 'material' from the Aviary Exotic digikit behind her.

The sentiment was added with the text tool using Palatino Lintotype and Melanie BT fonts then I printed the project out onto 200gsm Simply The Best card.


I coloured her in with a mix of Promarkers, Flexmarkers, Graph-Its and Copics.


For the inside of the card I took the brief literally and filled it with love :o)

I 'drew' a heart shape in CraftArtist and repeated it to end up with a chain of 6 hearts, then printed it off lengthways onto the back of an A4 patterned paper.


After cutting it out I scored and folded in between the hearts and then laid it across the inside of the card (with the centre folds of the card and the hearts lined up). Only the first and last heart were glued to the card base.


The inside sentiment was stamped with the 'Classic' alphabet set from My Sentiments Exactly.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
 All Dressed Up #84 Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge #210 Anything Goes & a sentiment
TIME OUT Challenges #116 Bright

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

9 comments:

meg said...

Fantastic make, the recipient is sure to love it.

Jannet said...

Very very pretty, I am sure your friends granddaughter will just love it !

sandie said...

Well this is truly made with love! The inside is so creative. And I am in awe at your colouring-the hair is done so beautifully. That background is so bright and cheery. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Anita in France said...

Your colouring on this adorable image is just fantastic, Katrina ... the depth and dimension you created is brilliant! Love how you took the design to the inside with the interactive hearts ... cute and so love-filled! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Fikreta said...

Very beautiful card!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

I absolutely love this card-love the effect and colors of your background, your coloring is awesome and what a great surprise when you open it up! Thanks for playing with us at All Dressed Up~
Carolyn, DT

KathyA. said...

I'm a DT for Penny's Challenge and popped over to comment on your recent entry. Loved what I saw, spent a while here and am now your latest follower. I also saved the heard fold idea on the inside of your card to my Pinterest "Creative Folds" folder. Thanks for providing details of how you created it!

Creative world said...

This is absolutely beautiful card...to me,looks more like painting...fantastic job you did here...thank you for sharing with us over at AUD SENTIMENTS ,hope to see you again
Ċ½eljka DT xx

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous card I love the design and that very clever idea inside Thank you for joining us at All Dressed up Stamps Challenge Love and hugs Carole x Design Team