Monday 2 July 2018

Spinner Card for LOTV on launch day

Hello lovely peeps


Today's the day - Lili of the Valley will be appearing on Hochanda at 11am and 3pm with their new Christmas stamps. Woo hoo!
This cutie is in the Furry Folk set and I've made a penny slider card with him.

I added a skyline with a black Sakura Pigma micron pen and coloured the image with Copics and Promarkers (sorry, forgot to make a note of my colours).

Other ingredients used:
present from the Festive Folk/Furry Folk Extras set (digi), enlarged
sentiment from the new Swirly Festive Greetings set (both LOTV)
7x7 card blank
X-cut large nesting circle dies
various snowflake dies
Sizzix Pine Tree die
Garden Greens thinlit die (Sizzix)
white card
Papers from stash (Dovecraft/Trimcraft)
Peeled Paint Distress Ink
foam pads
2 x 5p pieces 

I had round foam pads but they were a little big for the channel I had left so I had to cut one down into a smaller circle. This means it spins faster but at least it has room to spin :o)

This was sandwiched between the two 5p pieces (extragavant I know, but they seem to roll better than 1p pieces) then I glued the present on top. I added wet glue on the foam pads when sticking down the outer ring so I had a bit of wiggle time to get it exactly in place with the spinner bit 'trapped' in between.


Here's a close up of the coloured image


I hope you manage to catch the shows and get some of the stamps - they won't be on the Lili of the Valley website for a couple of weeks yet.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Crafty Cardmakers #215 at least 2 dies/punches
Winter Wonderland Square cards only

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

9 comments:

meg said...

Fun image and layout love the idea of the present spinning round the bear.

Mynn xx said...

How cool is this?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the traditional colors, fun image, and the way the gift spins around the focal image! This is amazing! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Pat K said...

Another cutie. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah thi sis adorable, what a sweet card, I loved seeing the stamps back on TV!! Thanks for sharing with us on Winter Wonderland this fortnight, Hazelx

J said...

What a fun card! Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers, and sharing your card with us.

Jackie

Fikreta said...

Very nice card!
hugs

Judy McKay said...

Love your fun spinner card. So cute. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy

Josephine said...

What a great idea to make a spinner out of concentric circles! Fabulous card.


Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Maikreations said...

Such a super sweet card and image! Love all the dimension you have added and the colour combo ;o) Thank you for playing along with our "" or more dies" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a great day and happy crafting, yours Maike