Sunday 22 November 2015

Stocking Fairies

Hello lovely peeps.
 

 As promised, I've got a Christmas card for you today.
The stamp I've used is one of those in the 'Last Chance to Buy' section on the Lili of the Valley website. There are still many lovely images left, and they're a bargain at £2.50. Grab them while you can because once they're gone, they're gone !

I've coloured the image with a mix of Graph'Its and promarkers (plus a Le Plume marker).
Skin: Blush, Sunkissed Pink
Hair: 1210, 1230,1270
Holly: 8120
Parcels: 9500, 9501
Stocking: Bluebell, BV725, 7210, Ice Grey2 and Ice Grey 4


After I realised I'd stamped my image a bit wonkily I decided to use this sketch to make up my card so it would look the right way up.


The placing of the embellishments also rather handily hides the smudge of Distress Ink I managed to get in the corner ;D

The poinsettia flowers were cut from white card with a Marianne die and I sponged Pumice Stone DI through the back of the die to get the veins. They were then shaped with a ball tool on a sponge mat to give them a bit of dimension.


The image is layered up with papers from the 'Snow Princess' & 'Bonnets and Bowties Solids' 8x8 pads by LOTV,  and I made the tag with one of the stamps in their 'Christmas Sentiment Tags' set.

I've finished the card off with snowflakes, pearls, ribbon and a jingle bell.


 I would like to enter this in the following challenges:- 
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge  256: things with wings
Allsorts Challenge Blog #338 At least three die cuts
Fan-Tastic Tuesday 112: anything goes with a twist ... use some purple
Crafting by designs - Times 3 (3 flowers)
Creative Inspirations #336 - Festive Fun!
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #135 Christmas socks
The Ribbon Girl - November Use any Image
 A Snowflake's Promise #10 Winter/ Christmas
Holly Jolly - Ribbons and Pearls
ABC Challenge - V is for Violet
Stamping Sensations - Festive Flowers and Foliage
 Penny Black (any brand stamp) - Anything Christmas

Well, I'm back off to my craft room again :D
Hope to see you again soon,
 Katrina x


21 comments:

Brawny x said...

Hi Katrina I've just found your blog. Your work is amazing love this card. Fab image. Great design
Lea x
www.cardsbybrawny.blogspot.co.uk

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Katrina I like the sweet image and the colours
Kevin xx

Sarah said...

Wonderful just about covers it Katrina xx

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the colours and gorgeous poinsettias. Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us in the next challenge.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Furrbster said...

What a lovely card, and a great use of the sketch.
Hugz Tinz

Sue said...

Katrina, this is a beautiful card. You have used one of my favourite LOTV stamps and I love the colours you have used. Your card design is gorgeous and I am very smitten with those wonderful poinsettias - real artistry, totally beautiful.
Sue...xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

So beautiful, Thank you for joining in with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
Kevin xx

brenda said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Katrina, I really like your alternative choice of seasonal colours which work well with the image, great use of your dies as well.

Many thanks for joining in at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

B x

Coccinelle Demoiselle said...

Hi Katrina! I love colors on your card and these special christmas fairies in a sock.Embellishments are beautiful. Thank you to join us in Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week and good luck from Christelle DT

Patty Sue 2 said...

Such a lovely card! I love the way you layered your flowers! Beautiful job! Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE! Good luck and please join us again it is always nice to see your lovely work!

chanya13 said...

What a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations :)
Have a beautiful day! Agnieszka

Heather said...

What an adorable card Katrina, such pretty colour combo and an adprable cute image - your embellishments are gorgeous!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Kat W said...

This is so delicate and pretty; the soft pastels, beautiful flowers and cute snowflakes scattered around and tucked under the DP layers look gorgeous :-)
Thanks also for joining in our challenge at Creative Inspirations!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Laura said...

Beautiful colour palette
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons for our Christmas Stocking with Ribbon challenge
Laura

Angela said...

Wow, this is amazing!!! I love your embellishing and how you have added dimension to the flowers with the ball tool (I must learn how to do that!)! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday!

Cathy P said...

This is truly divine, Katrina! I love the image and all of the embellishments you have added to this gorgeous treasure. So glad you joined us at Sketch Saturday this week. Good luck and hope to see you again. xx Cathy SS DT

Lynne K said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch! The flowers are gorgeous, and perfect for our challenge at Stamping Sensations, so thanks for sharing your lovely card with us.

Lynne

Jane said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 256 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

buterfliecrafter said...

such a lovely card, what a labor of love you put in your cards.Vciky

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x