Sunday 15 November 2015

Paperchains

Hello peeps, hope you've had a lovely weekend.



I've taken the plunge and got some proper pencils (hubby kindly bought them for my birthday, isn't he fab?).

After hearing Nikky Hall rave about them last month I'd already decided I was going to get the Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor pencils. They have excellent light-fastness and are ergonomically shaped, so I thought they'd be the best to go for considering the problems I have with my hands.

I had a play with them last night because I wanted to brighten up a Gorjuss image that I had previously water-coloured with Spectrum Aquas. It was looking quite flat and I was a bit nervous about going over it again with watercolours in case I bobbled the paper or something. I was pleasantly surprised at how much difference the pencils made.
 

I've used the finished image to make up my sister's birthday card.


Ingredients:
7"x7" card blank from Anna Marie Designs 
Daler Rowney watercolour card
'I found my family in a book' stamps by Gorjuss
Sentiment tag stamps from LOTV
Papers from Dovecraft 'Curiosity Corner' and 'New Leaf', 
plus LOTV 'Enchantment' pad
Page torn from a book
Hessian ribbon
Cord by Hempotique
Buttons from stash

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Eureka Stamps #166 The Colors of Fall
Digi Choosday #44 Reds, Oranges and Browns
Creative Inspirations #335 - Anything Goes + Option of a Sketch!
The Ribbon Girl - November Use any Image
 That's Crafty! - Tag You're It!
Crafting With Friends #10 - Anything Goes
Polka Doodles 45 Autumn/Fall Colours
 World of lacy Sunshine Anything goes
Crafty Time Embellish It
Crafts and Me - Autumn/Fall Colours
Dragonfly Dreams Challenge -autumn/fall colours

Thanks for stopping by,
 Katrina x

16 comments:

Sue said...

Katrina, this is beautiful - you really are a brilliant colourist - I love your pencil colouring, you have chosen such lovely vibrant colours and the effect looks gorgeous - super card design too with the extra teeny newspaper people.
Sue...xxx

Sarah said...

What an enormous difference those pencils made!! Such a lovely card and I am sure that your Sister will love it xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Katrina, a very sweet image and pretty design. Love your wonderful colouring.

Donna x

Jo said...

Beautiful x

Cynthia said...

This is precious, Katrina. Lovely coloring of the sweet image. Thanks for sharing with Eureka Stamps Fall Colors Challenge this week!

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful fall card and such great coloring of a cute image. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

Denise Pustelniak said...

Wow! Fantastic coloring and construction!
Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

Kat W said...

Wow, your shading with the pencils is stunning...what a fabulous birthday treat! Your card design is gorgeous and I love all the texture from the distressing, hessian and buttons :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations!
CraftyNatalie - DT

Jane Savage said...

Stunning colouring (aren’t the Lyras fab) and I adore your paper pieced paper chain!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane (DT) xxx

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Absolutely lovely what a difference those pencils made not heard of them but must take a look your sister will love receiving this very special card love and hugs Carole x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This is so cute, love the little people cut outs and the open weave ribbon! Thanks so much for playing in our Red, Orange and Brown challenge at Digi Choosday. Hugs!! Audrey DT

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous card with the colours and your colouring..Thank you for joining us at Lacy Sunshine Color Your World...Hugs Lozzy x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card love the image and colours used. X

Laurian said...

I love this Gorjuss girl!

Thanks for joining us this month and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Dragonfly Dreams