Wednesday 25 November 2015

Antipodean Christmas

Hello peeps, hope you are well.


Today I have my first Design Collective card for November.

I have a cousin who lives in New Zealand with her family and they sometimes get to spend Christmas at the seaside, because of course it's summer over there in December (OK, I'm a teensy bit jealous). 

With that in mind I usually send Christmas cards with parcels etc. on rather than snow scenes. 
When the Lili of the Valley Calendar Fairies were launched in the summer I thought that 'August' would make a great Christmas fairy for my cousin's card. So here she is, with her festive red bathing suit.


 I found some ideal Christmas papers in my stash as they have hints of gold and aqua in them to match the sand and sea (they're from Dovecraft, about 3 years old). I also added a turquoise paper from the Beach Bliss 8x8 paper pad (LOTV).

I've coloured August in with my Graph'It markers


Sea: 7210
Sand: Ivory Promarker & 1210
Bathing Costume: 5210, 5220,5245, 9500
Hair: 3210, 3255
Skin: 4115, 4155, 4170
Shell: 9401, 9304, Budding Rose Promarker
Star: 1210, 1230
Snorkel glass: 7105

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
World of lacy Sunshine Anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge  256: things with wings
 Craft your passion  #289 Anything Goes
 Papertake Weekly - Take Your Pick (Glitter it up)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #255 Use something from your craft stash (papers, button)
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - AG
Quirky Crafts Challenges #24 It's Nearly Quirky Christmas!
 Crafty Boots - Spots or Dots & GDT
 Graph It Colour Challenge #47 Christmas
Crafting With Friends #11 - Anything Goes
Simply Papercrafts #18 Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin Christmas - Stars
Whimsy Stamp Challenge #88 Anything Goes - Holidays
SSS Work it Wednesday - a holiday card
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

12 comments:

Sarah said...

A brilliant card Katrina and suitably stylish swimmers for Christmas Day at the beach!! xx

Mrs Beez said...

Great card and fabulous colouring. Love the layers and colours too. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Lee said...

Gorgeous card,love the image and embellies.

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Simply Papercraft!

Colours n Cards said...

What a cute card! Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card, great colouring on the image and stunning layout. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Amy Cohen said...

Wonderful creation- I love this sweet little image. Your background papers are perfect-O! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Anna said...

Great card and fantastic colouring!!!Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion this week!
Anna Dt

Words and Pictures said...

What a cute card - great colouring on the image and I love the distressed layers.
Alison x

Sue said...

This is a wonderful card Katrina, you are so clever to make a summery image suitable for Christmas! I love this. Your colouring is gorgeous too.
Sue...xxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 256 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

Kat W said...

This mix of papers is totally gorgeous and what a fab image to use for this Christmas card...I'm sure it will be a delight to the recipient :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx