Friday 5 July 2024

Wizarding Wishes

Hello lovely peeps



For today's card I've used the 'Wizard' digi stamp from Tiddlyinks, printed out and coloured in with Graph'Its and Promarkers. I was in a bit of a hurry so rather than spend ages getting the folds of the cloak right I just used black paper. The background was made with water colour card and a Faded Jeans Distress Oxide inkpad - I added a few layers of colour, drying between each one. When it was all dry I used the main Swirling Stars die (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) to cut out the swirl.

Behind the sentiment I've upcycled some cardboard packaging. I tore a strip off and then wet one side with water. After a minute or two you then peel the paper off to reveal the stripes.  Once it was dry I added white acrylic paint.

Other ingredients:-
Dymo machine
Wishes die - Impression Obsession
Navy pearlescent card

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:-
Passion For Markers Challenge  #746 use a die 
{Pin}spirational #315 recycle/upcycle

Simon Says Stamp (Wed) Stars and/or stripes
Papercraft Challenges  #106 for the boys
Cardz 4 Guyz #350 Anything Masculine Goes

Thanks for stopping by, 
Katrina x

5 comments:

dj said...

Fantastic!! I love it...some little guy is gonna love it too!! Thanks for playing along with our "anything goes" challenge over at Cardz4Guyz!! You nailed our masculine challenge with this wise ole wizard!!
Deb Horst, DT #C4G

Dawn Phillips said...

A magical card with a stunning background and beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome!!! I have used pieces of cardboard as well!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Fikreta said...

its wonderful card!

SarahR said...

Hi there Katrina, your card is just perfect for those young wizards out there! Love the star swirl and your image is fab. Thanks for joining in with my use a die challenge at Passion for Markers this week, Sarah - DT.