Friday 27 May 2022

Wire Bird

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are well.



An Aall & Create card to share with you today. There's a challenge finishing soon over on Tracy Evan's Facebook page called 'Winged Friends', so I thought I'd have a bash at making something.

First I wet an A6 piece of Pink Frog watercolour card then dabbed some Mustard Seed and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks onto my craft mat. I transferred the colour with damp paintbrushes and added a few splatters.

  Once the card was dry I partially inked #394 Wire Birds with black Versafine ink and stamped directly on top.

For finishing touches I added some black cotton thread and a sentiment from set #527 The Boys, stapled onto the card. I also added Glossy Accents to part of the stamped image. 



I would also like to enter my card in the following challenges:-

Simon Says Stamp (Wed) AG


We Love 2 Create #5 Anything Mixed Media Goes


Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x


6 comments:

Carole J said...

A delightful, inky card, Katrina! The Wire Birds stamp set is one of my favourites and you did a great job here with the watercolour background. I love the stapled sentiment backed with cotton thread too!
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” May Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Viv said...

Oh this is simply fab Katrina! The two colours blend so well together too - great make!

cotnob said...

A super card Katrina, I love the Wire Bird and you have created a fabulous background for him.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jane Savage said...

Wonderful colours and texture!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Kelly Parker said...

Beautiful image, thank you for participating in the Crafts Galore Challenge at http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

This is really great Katrina I love Aall and create stamps hugs Sue x