Monday 21 February 2022

Happily Ever After

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are all well.
 

I was asked to make a card for a cinema engineer getting married and hit on the idea of doing a wedding scene on a cinema screen, complete with an audience watching.

To start off I stamped 'Brett and Brenda Get Married' (Stamping Bella) in grey onto watercolour card.

For the background scene I coloured directly onto an old Sheena Douglass church stamp with Spectrum Noir aqua markers and spritzed with water before stamping it onto the card.  It then just needed a waterbrush to pull some of the colour out and add shading. I painted in the hills and grass freehand.

To represent the cinema audience I watercoloured ovals of grey, getting darker as you get further from the 'screen'.  



To make it look more like a wedding card I added 2 layers of vellum (I printed the sentiment over the top of one layer before tearing the sheet up) but it still needed a bit of colour, so I painted in some velvet curtains, just like the old cinemas I used to visit as a child :D 

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:-

Allsorts #664 I love ... (vellum, stamping, watercolouring, weddings)
Moving along with the Times #139 love/anniversary/wedding
Sweet Stampin Love love love

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x




7 comments:

Linby said...

wow! You met the brief perfectly! It's also a very pretty card. Thanks for taking part in my challenge theme of I love at Allsorts this week.
Lynn x

Jenny L said...

Hi Katrina,
what a very wonderful card and what a brilliant idea for a cinema engineer.
Love the wonderful scene you have created and your very fab design.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Pauline C said...

Very clever and original wedding card Katrina and so perfect for the person you have made it for! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week
Pauline x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

stunning card love the design of this very clever. Thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

brenda said...

A delightful wedding creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'I love....' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Claire said...

Well that's very creative with great results. I love the dreamy, delicate watercoloured scene with the vellum overlay and the audience - genius :) x

Fikreta said...

It's gorgeous!