Friday 14 May 2021

Baby Groot

I've never been so excited about one of my crafty makes.  Introducing .....

my crocheted baby Groot


Thank you to Twinkie Chan for the free pattern,  I had so much fun making him! For those you not familiar with Groot, he is a character in the film 'Guardians of the Galaxy'.

I found a nice purple pot to put him in but it had a label stapled to the side which didn't look like it would come off nicely, so I decided to make a label in CraftArtist to cover it up. I found a great picture of a fully grown Groot on syfy.com for the front of the label, and for the plant care instructions on the back I used Wingdings font.


The bottom of the pot is filled mostly with hessian (I have a HUGE roll  of it), with decorative garden pebbles (washed!) and some fake moss to finish off.


He looks like he grew out of there :)


He has a pipe cleaner inside the arms so they are bendable


His head was quite floppy so I ended up putting an old satay stick inside to make it stable (again, washed - plus I cut the pointy end off). 

I used another one to keep him upright in the pot, but I might end up glueing him in.  


He looks quite at home on my windowsill.


I would like to enter my Groot in the following challenges:-

Dream Valley Challenges #247 Embellish it

 Creative Fingers #207 AG



If You Gave A Crafter A Cookie... #156 May (tree creature, leaves, brown/green/purple)



Thanks for stopping by, stay safe
Katrina x

10 comments:

Fikreta said...

wow!
its amazing!

Gibmiss said...

This is fabulous Katrina ...love it ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

cotnob said...

Wow! You should be excited Katrina, your crochet Groot is fabulous and he looks brilliant displayed in his pot with the growing instructions - a super make.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lorraine said...

Ooooh WOW - this is just brilliant..LOVE Groot.
Lorraine x

Kelly Schelske said...

What a great project Katrina!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! Good luck!!

Sarah said...

Vin Diesel would be proud of you!! This is really brilliant Katrina and he certainly look like he has settled in very nicely on your windowsill!! xx

Brenda said...

Darling! You have displayed him perfectly.

Christi Conley said...

I LOVE HIM (and I didn't even see the movie - I know, I know, I will put myself in a time out)

Vicky Hayes said...

So clever and so adorable! Vicky x

Deanne Saunders said...

Ohhh so cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper