Thursday 18 October 2018

Grungy Christmas

Hello lovely peeps


I had a go at the acrylic block background technique for this card.

Dab Distress Inks and/or Distress Oxides onto an acrylic block, spritz with water and then 'stamp' onto watercolour card.


The combination of Antique Linen, Peeled Paint and Iced Spruce Distress Oxides had a nice Christmas foliage look to it.

Once I'd sprinkled on drops of water and dried a couple of times I inked one of the Large Christmas Greetings stamps with FlitterGlu - this was actually the second card I did in the same session and it doesn't seem to hold the glue so well (maybe because it's starting to dry?). Since I'm going for a distressed/grungy look though I'm quite happy with it.

I sprinkled gold embossing powder over and heated it. See where parts of the card weren't bone dry? The embossing powder has clung there too. Again, happy accident :o)


After cutting it down and mounting on a 5x7" card blank I added some trees die-cut from the 'plain' papers in the Winter Woods paper set.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
 (to come)

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

1 comment:

hollyberry said...

I think that your happy accidents worked out really well for this card. Lovely card. Nicola x