Friday 11 November 2016

Special Birthday Wishes

Hello lovely peeps, and a very warm welcome to my 2 new followers :o)


I made this card for one of my crafting friends for her 75th birthday, using a stamp by Dawn Bibby.

First I stamped onto Sheena's stamping card with Black Archival ink and then covered up the roses on the dress with Pebeo drawing gum


 I added water to some Crimson Brusho on my craft mat and used it to watercolour the dress.


At the bottom I used the wet-on-wet technique to give a soft shadow


I cut down some pink papers from two different pads to fit a 7"x7" card and distressed the edges with my scissors.


then layered them up with a Memory Box die-cut and some dark pink wired ribbon (this was attached with Collall 3D glue gel - I put a weight on while it dried)


The sentiment is from the Sketchy Wishes set by Lili of the Valley


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Squirrels Not-So-Random Challenge #2 one colour
The Ribbon Girls November Anything Goes (Card)
Crafty Gals Corner #97 Use a sentiment 
My Time to Craft #333 distress it 
Southern Girls  #147 Anything Goes 


Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love that elegant dress!
Lucy x

hollyberry said...

Beautiful card,love the painting of the dress x

Fikreta said...

so nice card!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card and love that dress.

Hugs Lorraine xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a gorgeous image and lovely colours, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx

Chris said...

A lovely card Katrina, beautiful image , L/O and colours. Thank you for playing along with the Southern Girls
Chris
x

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL card!!!
LOVE your BEAUTIFUL image & sentiment, LOVE your pretty layers and colour combo too!!!
Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)