Thursday 9 March 2017

Ragdoll Photos for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps, and welcome to my two new email subscribers xx


I'm popping in with another card made with Leonie's new Typography collection, this time using the stamps and one of the embossing folders.

The 'smile' folder in the Keep Shining set gave me the idea to do some photo style toppers using the sweet little Rag Doll stamp.

So that I could build some scenes behind her, I first made a mask by stamping her onto paper and cutting her out. I put some Zig 2-way glue on the back and let it dry so it became repositionable (it goes on blue and is permanent until it dries clear)


Next I stamped Rag Doll onto some smooth white stamping card with Black Memento ink and covered her over with the hand-made mask.


I added a fence by repeat stamping with one of the Banners and Frames


then covered the fence with a scrap of paper and stamped the Funky Tree behind


After removing the masks I coloured my scene in with Promarkers and a couple of Graph'Its


For the next 'photo' I stamped the top of the Funky Tree around her and drew in straight lines with a black fineliner pen to make flower stems.


To make the photo frames I cut rectangles of card with my paper trimmer and then die-cut square apertures with one of my Nellie Snellen Multi Frame Dies


I attached the photos to the frames with double sided tape at the back and then backed them with an extra layer of card to give them strength.


To make the tag I started with a rectangle of card and ran it through my Ebosser machine with the Smile embossing folder, which I had inked up with Butterscotch Adirondack ink and a brayer.


The first one came out patchy as the ink pooled a bit on the plastic folder, so I did it again but first brayered some Versamark over the inside of the folder before brayering over the Butterscotch. This gave a much smoother coverage.

I inked up a corner of one of the frames and stamped round the edges of my tag, filling in any gaps with a black fineliner pen.


For embellishments I made up some lollipop flowers to match the central photo. I coloured circles of card with the alcohol markers and glued black wires on the back with Collall 3D Glue Gel
(I left these to dry for an hour before handling them)


I layered everything up on a 7"x7" white card blank with some First Edition papers (New Leaf and Boho Chic) and Green Sugar Sprinkles ribbon from The Ribbon Girl


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
 Addicted to Stamps and More #232 Make your mark
The Ribbon Girls March any card
Craft-Dee BowZ  CDB47 Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow (always)
Dream Valley Challenges # 151 Lots of layers
Deep Ocean Challenge #150 Dots and/or Stripes
Crafty Gals Corner # 113 polka dots and/or stripes
Colour Crazy Challenge #9 Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #319 Anything Goes
Classic Design Team Challenge #12 Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

12 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

This is so cute and quirky! I'm waiting for my goodies to arrive. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Unknown said...

Fab, I can't wait for my stamps to arrive, loving your ideas

Fikreta said...

lovely!

Carole Pollard said...

This is fabulous thanks for sharing this amazing design idea I'm just loving it all Love and hugs Caorle x

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card ... Katrina...
Love the colours...
Hugs Sylvie x

Anne said...

I had the same idea Katrina but nowhere near as well executed - it's beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial too!

Have a good weekend
Anne x

Diane Louise J said...

Absolutely beautiful, fab tutorial.
Diane Louise x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Super gorgeous. Nice work. Love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Gina said...

AWESOME project :D I love over-stamping like that. You don't see it very often since digi art started. And the layout as a pile of photos...wonderful :D Thank you for joining in at Dream Valley Challenge XXX

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Great project Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Gail said...

Absolutely fabulous. I love this image and what you've made! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ! --Gail

Helen said...

Beautiful creation, Katrina. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design Team Open Challenge and we hope to see you again in April.

Helen x