Sunday 23 April 2017

Lily Concertina for Leonie and Blog Candy Alert

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are enjoying your weekend.


I'm back with the final sample that I made for Leonie's Typography show, this time combining the Pebeo metal leaf AND Sara's Shabby Chic dies


First I'll show you how I did the colourful background. I started by painting some Sheena Stamping Card with white Tinting Base


then I used a wet wipe to apply 3 different colours of acrylic paint



before cutting the card into four equal panels.


I used Leonie's Typography dies to make stencils from white card


and stippled white titanium paint through the apertures with a stencil brush.


with a different letter on each of the panels


I used the yellow, orange and green paints to stencil more letters through and then stamped around the edges with Leonie's Funky Tree stamp


I applied lots of Pebeo Gilding Paste from the bottle around the edges of each panel using a paintbrush, then left it to dry for an hour.


before applying Gold Metal Leaf (shiny side up)


I thought I would have to press quite hard to get the foil to stick but it comes off really easily


To mount my painted panels I cut a 10.5 x 28cm strip of black card and scored/folded at 7, 14 and 21cm, then glued each panel on with Collall Tacky Glue


For the front of my card I used two of the Typography mini embossing folders to emboss another painted panel of card. Remember to leave the edge of the folder poking out over the edge of your platform so you don't get a line across the card.


I used a sanding block over the raised areas to reveal the white card underneath


For the final decoration I made some lilies from white paper using Sara's Shabby Chic Classic Lily dies, coloured with diluted Brushos


Paint the petals with yellow first and then the green once that has dried.


The stamens were tipped with brown once the green was dry



I twirled each stamen around my pokey tool, poked the end through the handy hole in the centre of the lily and glued it at the back with Collall Glue Gel.


They lose some of their dimension when glued down flat on the card but I think they still look fab :o)


So here's my finished piece, all tied up with bright orange organza ribbon


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Creative Artiste Challenge #25 Anything Mixed Media Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge #153 Spring
Artistic Stampers  Backgrounds
Noor Design UK  Flowers
We Love 2 Create #8 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
Creatalicious Challenges #113 Anything Goes with optional Birthday
Stemplegarten #60 colourful spring

Now, did someone mention candy? :o)

If you've been following me for a while you'll know that I like my round numbers and I had giveaways for my 100th and 200th blog posts. It's going to be a few weeks yet until my 300th post (this is number 284) but I hope to reach another milestone before then.

I am immensely grateful to have 97 fabulous followers on Google, but I would love to get to 100 so when I reach the magic number I will have a little giveaway.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you again soon.
Katrina x

6 comments:

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours and the lily.
Valerija xx

Fikreta said...

wow this is gorgeous!
love it!

Diane Louise J said...

Beautiful, thanks for the inspiration.
Diane Louise x

Judy McKay said...

Love your demo. The colours and flowers are stunning. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Judy DT

PaperDaisies said...

Sorry for late comment. I love your card. Great design. Love the bright colours. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional birthday” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…