Tuesday 27 June 2017

Get Well Soon Daisies

Hello lovely peeps


Another unseen card from the archives today - this one is from when I was on the Polkadoodles DT. 

I stamped a few of the flowers from the Daisy Days stamp set with Black memento ink onto Elegance Satin 300gsm card then covered them up with sticky-note masks so I could stamp 'behind' them.


I filled in the gaps with the tiny circle/bubble stamps in the same set.


To colour the flowers I used Graph'It markers and a Mix-It Palette
For the darkest flower I scribbled 6140 onto the palette then picked up the colour with the blender pen 0000 and coloured from the flower centre outwards.


For the flower centres I drew lots of small lines with 9209 and 9207 


then coloured over the top of that with 8245


The other flowers were coloured in the same way using 6130 and 6110.
I doodled in a border and added a sentiment from the matching CD and layered it onto a 7x7" card.

Tip: Colour around the edges of some white card with one of the markers you've used to get co-ordinating card for matting & layering


There's a new Crafty Calendar Challenge on Saturday so I'll definitely see you then, but I hope to get another post in sometime during the week (depending on how my DT work goes)

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love your colouring and great tip with the matting idea I'm definitely going to try that :)
Hugs, Kaz x

Kath said...

A lovely card and beautiful flowers.

Thanks too for my Candy which arrived safely today.

Kath x

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card!

Carole Pollard said...

Lovely design and loving the pretty colours love and hugs Carole x