Tuesday 21 November 2017

William Wizard on Throwback Tuesday

Hello lovely peeps


Today's stamp oldie is William Wizard by Francoise Read for Woodware from 2006.

I stamped him onto Elegance Satin 160gsm paper with Black Memento Ink and coloured in with Promarkers/Flexmarkers and Graph'Its.
Skin: Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush
Jumper: 8290, Olive Green, Soft Khaki
Cloak and Hat: 9209, 9205, 9203, Umber, Khaki, Pastel Beige
Trousers and Shoes: Cool Grey 1-4

Next I cut around him, leaving a thin white border. The stamp actually comes with a cat peeking out from behind the cloak but I just wanted the wizard to I cut the cat away.


This left the image looking a bit odd without a white border on the left hand side, so I added a strip of white paper on the back and cut around that to restore the white border.


Other Ingredients:
Paper from My Minds Eye
Black card
Happy Birthday die from Dovecraft

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Sweet Stampin Birthday
 Fab 'n' Funky #371 Masculine Touch
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #355 Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge #193 Anything Goes and a sentiment
Pile It On  #136 Large sentiment
Send a Smile for Kids Anything Goes (for kids)
Retro Rubber Challenge  #76 Anything Goes
Cards In Envy - It's only paper

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

14 comments:

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 355 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Melissa Grant said...

What a sweet little wizard! Your coloring is amazing! Super job on the white border, I never would have guessed it was pieced! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this challenge.

Debbie Mageed said...

So cute! I love your little wizard card!! Your white border solution was lots of work but totally paid off! I usually place tape over the stamp that I don't want to ink up, ink it up then remove the tape before stamping. Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon!

Marilyn said...

Fab card and I do like this little wizard!

Sandy Trefger said...

Super cute birthday card! Love that wizard image and the star background! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Furrbster said...

He is a sweet little wizard, and I love the way you adpated the stamp by simply adding some white paper - great idea!

Thanks for sharing over at Aud sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Annie S. said...

Oh my! I've never seen the wizard before and he's adorable! Cute card! Thanks for playing along over at Cards in Envy!

Fikreta said...

so very sweet card!

Cass said...

Fab card. I've got that stamp too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Cara said...

This is just adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Sandy said...

Very cute card. Love the wizard. Sorry I'm late popping in. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge blog.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, love that Wizard, he is awesome..I realised that I need a Wizard stamp as soon as I saw yours, clever trick for adding the missing border, I trim off things all the time and never thought of this fix. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Katy McGloin said...

Katrina, your William wizard is shades of Harry Potter! Wonderful fella! Very clever to put the white outline back on the right side. Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber this challenge. Hope to see you in our gallery often!

Helen said...

Such a cute card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x