Wednesday 26 July 2017

Home is the Heart of Christmas

Hello lovely peeps


Just popping in to show you a wooden heart that I decorated with Leonie's Welcome Home stamps and an embossing folder.


The surface of my wooden heart was a bit rough so I covered it with watercolour paper and sanded the edges down with an emery board


Next I painted on a layer of Daler Rowney Zinc Mixing White and then mixed some of this with drops of  'arctic' glitter brush pen from Leonie's Frosty Christmas set onto my craft mat.


I brushed this on with rough horizontal strokes, with some more Zinc white added in to give the impression of a cloudy sky


Near the bottom I stamped on some of the tiny trees from the Welcome Home stamp set with Black Archival ink and then coloured them in with a white gel pen.


I stamped one of the large houses onto more watercolour card and coloured it in with Begonia and Slate Spectrum Aqua Markers (plus the arctic glitter pen for the windows)


I covered the bottom of the heart with a small piece of card that I embossed with the Dotty Days folder and then glued the house on with the steps overlapping the embossed area.


For the sentiment I inked up one of the phrases from the Christmas Greetings set but masked off the 'Home' at the beginning. Instead I used the 'h 'o' 'm' 'e' stamps from the Welcome Home set.


I chose dotty white organza ribbon to hang the heart from, to match the embossed card at the bottom.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:- 
Let's Craft & Create Challenge #127 Just beachy/red, white blue
Pile It On #132 Primary colours
Crafting By Designs Get ready for Christmas

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

9 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous project I love this design Love and hugs Carole x

Valerija said...

Gorgeous project with a fantastic image.
Valerija xx

Unknown said...

I love this, the quirky house is great and the use of the embossed card at the bottom is really effective :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Fikreta said...

gorgeous!

Anne said...

Loved this when I first saw it Katrina and as always when I see your tutorial there is more to the project than first meets the eye!

Anne x

Unknown said...

What a cute project! Love the little house.
Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft & Create Challenge. Best of luck with your entry.

Mary Owner & DT Member for Let's Craft & Create...

Mel Gee said...

This is lovely.
Thank you for entering our Challenge at Crafting by Designs https://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

Mukta Parvatikar-Maniar said...

Hello dear...This is a a fab project. Ty for joining us at LCC this month....Hope to see you again.
Hugs
DT -Let's Craft and Create
My Blog -VREnchanted Color, Craft and more...

Elizabeth Hart said...

A darling heart and home scene. Great idea. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)