Thursday 5 January 2017

Pebble-icious

Hello lovely peeps.
I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and New Year break.


 I've got a quick and easy card to start the new year off with.

I found this lovely pebble card by Aspire Crafts/Kanban at the Taunton craft show in November and I couldn't wait to use it. Of course, even though I bought 4 sheets of it I'm finding it hard to part with, so I've only used a small strip of it :D

There was some taupe card in my stash that co-ordinates well with the pebbles so I layered both strips of card onto a white 5"x7" card blank before wrapping some brown twine around it.

 I stamped the lapwing from the Quirky Birds set by Crafty Individuals onto a sticky note to make a mask and then stamped a small group of them onto my card using Black Memento ink. They looked a bit like they were floating in mid air so I drew in lots of small pebbles with a black fine-liner pen.


The greeting is from the Teenage Boy sentiment set by Lili of the Valley

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
 The Male Room #51 Anything Goes
Mod Squad Challenge - Anything but Christmas
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) New Something (pebble card)
Crafty Gals Corner #104 Something New (pebble card)
 Little Red Wagon #375 Something New (pebble card)
My Time to Craft #337 Something new  (pebble card)
House of Cards January Challenge: Add a Building and/or Colors
Stamplorations CAS silver or grey 


Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

11 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

What an awesome use for that patterned paper. I am pinning for future reference, love the look and all that texture! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad.
Judy - Challenge Host

JanR said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Jane said...

I can see why you want to eke out that pebble card, really beautiful perfect for the shore bird stamps too.. Thanks for playing at TMR.

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful DP and I think I would be holding on to it as well, this is perfect for the birds. Thank you for joining us at HOC this month.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the pebbles! I had a sheet of something similar - I was so sorry when it had all gone!
Thank you for sharing with House of Cards!
Susan
DT for HOC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

María Pilar said...

Great scene. Love it so much
Thanks for joining us at HOC Challenge
Maria Pilar DT

Rae Ann said...

Love that pebble card stock for the image. It is such a good choice. Aren't we silly about our special papers! I scan my favorites so I will always have more to use! =)

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Use Something New challenge.

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Katrina! I love the pebbles paper it's just perfect with the image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Deborah Frings said...

Perfectly CAS and just fab! Love the pebble border works so well with the images of the birds. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room Anything Goes challenge. Deborah, DT.

Andreja said...

You made such a beautiful male card :-)) I like the paper with stones.
Thanks for playing at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Pink Unicorn said...

This is so pretty, love the earthy neutrals. And I totally know the feeling of not wanting to part from patterned paper... I have boxes full. But ultimately it's made to be used and it will make the recipient of this beautiful card very happy. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards