Saturday, 17 September 2016

Penguin Scene for Polkadoodles

Hello lovely peeps

Did you catch the new Polkadoodles launch on Create and Craft yesterday of Christmas Stamp Soup? There were some gob-smackingly beautiful makes from Nikky and my teamies. You can catch up with the shows here (2pm)  and here (7pm)


The inspiration card I made was (of course) quirky. The idea behind stamp soup is that you combine a few of the stamps to make your own images, so for instance this set has lots of components to make gorgeous snowflakes. One of the stamps is a snowy window ledge/doorstep/postbox top, but when I was turning it around trying to work out what it was, the first thing that popped into my head was 'penguin'.

So, I stamped up some 'penguins' onto Sheena's Stamping Card, dabbed some Black Memento ink and Fawn Spectrum Aqua Marker onto my craft mat and painted them in with a wet brush.


For the card base I added the paler blue 'Not So Plain Jane' paper from the co-ordinating CD then added some Shabby Blue Frantage embossing powder onto a piece of the darker blue for the sea.


Next I brightened the beige version of the paper in a graphics program and cut out an 'ice-shelf', cliff and igloo.


I added Pumice Stone Distress Ink to the edges and painted in a door and shadow with Black Memento ink on a paintbrush.


I stuck on the penguins with Collall Glue Gel and added a sentiment from the CD along with a couple of die-cut snowflakes.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas #299 Cute/AG
C.R.A.F.T. #381 Christmas
That's Crafty! Challenge Blog Christmas in September
Paper Creator's Crafts #52 Christmas
Crafting By Designs (monthly) September Anything Goes
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up #21 AG Optional Theme The nature of Christmas
 Live & Love Crafts Challenge #51 Photo Inspiration 


Thanks for stopping by today,
Katrina x

9 comments:

  1. What a fab winter scene, Katrina! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever! Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Creator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quirky card yes but also fabulous. I love the way you have seen penguins in a squiggly line, just amazing.
    Love Alli Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very unique, and thank you for showing it in stages.
    Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, made me smile. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the background and the penguins are adorable. Awesome scene! Thanks for playing with LLC.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 299 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message if you pop by, it really makes my day.
Katrina xx