Thursday 21 May 2015

Birthday Book

Good afternoon lovely peeps. Hope you are all well.



I've been having a play with my new toy!



After being inspired by my fellow LOTV teamie Donna's address book, I had a go at a birthday book.

I covered the 6x6 greyboard that came with my my Cinch with paper from the Beach Bliss paper pad by Lili of the Valley. I then spelled out 'Birthdays' with the Hobby Art Alphabet TYPED set.

I have been itching to use my new Bird Set stamps from Hobby Art, so I stamped the Bird on Branch with black Archival ink onto watercolour card and coloured it in with Whispers pens and a damp paintbrush.


I doodled lines around the edges with a black fineline pen and then glued it at a squiffy angle onto the front cover. I've added a skeleton leaf, flowers and buttons from my stash.

The inside pages are just squares of white card with the months spelled out using the same alphabet stamps again (rather stupidly I did this after I'd bound the book, so held my breath the entire time).


It's finished off with some co-ordinating organza ribbon tied to the spines.



I'm entering this into the following challenges:-

Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes + Option of a Sketch!
Graph'It colouring challenge  - Anything Square

That's all for now folks, I'll be back at the weekend.
Katrina x

4 comments:

Sue said...

Katrina, this is lovely. Such an inspirational idea and all so beautifully put together...I have just treated my self to a Zutter Bind it All but have not been brave enough to to use it yet!...your lovely book is just the nudge I need!
Sue...xxx

Scrappy Scatty said...

How lovely
Thanks for joining us in our *Anything Square* challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
xx

Anjie said...

Fabulous make. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Square challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
Anjie (DT)

chanya13 said...

Fabulous card with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations Agnieszka DT